Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

We have a fitbit which will not show the time and inaccurately

Customer Question

We have a fitbit which will not show the time and inaccurately shows the hours of sleep. We have tried several times to get help from fitbit and so far have not had a response as to how to fix this problem. We are very discouraged with this feeble service approach. What can we do prior to just sending this unit in.
Ronald K. and Martha J. Shields
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Ronald and Martha, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To be clear, we are not fitbit corporate. But I am very familiar with their devices. Im sorry to hear that their support department has taken so long to get back to you, especially since this should be an easy fix. I dont know if you have moved, or traveled between time zones recently. But all you should have to do is login to your fitbit account, go to the dashboard, and change the time zone of your account to match the current time zone you are located in. Once you do that, you should be in business. Please see the page below for step by steps instructions. http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/The-time-is-incorrect-on-my-tracker-s-display Here is a direct link to the dashboard page https://wiki.fitbit.com/dashboard.action You can login at the top right, if you arent already logged in. If you have any trouble completing these steps Ronald, or if they dont fix the problem. Dont hesitate to respond and I will reply as soon as I read your message I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not authorize the additional charge because your response was very perfunctory and it assumed facts which were not the case at all. Nor did it respond to the entire problems perameter.
.So to assume I was satisfied and authorized the additional $$ charges as if I was, is not in line with your promise on the front edge of this question. It was not the case. Please remove the "satisfied" assumption as I gave no permission for it, and return the extra $31 charged.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
You havent mentioned the steps I suggested to be taken. Logging into your fitbit account, and verifying the time zone that is currently set. And ensuring it matches the time zone the Fitbit device is currently in. If you read over my response carefully, and in good faith carried out those steps. I stated very clearly ""If you have any trouble completing these steps Ronald, or if they dont fix the problem. Dont hesitate to respond and I will reply as soon as I read your message "" Ive responded within 6 minutes of your message being sent. A full 24 hours later..