Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

How to make my dell pc work w my sansui sled 3280b?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.
Did you changed the input source to VGA on your tV ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV changed to PC setting.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
PC settings or you changed the input source to PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both done, text photos!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sudipto, have you seen my photos?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Which Photos ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent to your ph #. Can't attach here?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the photos, it helped a lot to understand the exact problem. It is not the TV, it is your PC which is causing this problem. You are getting the display of the PC on your TV perfectly.
Now, in those error message, you will see a line, which says "No boot device available", it means the PC is unable to find the hard drive from which it will boot your PC. Can you tell me, from when you are getting these error messages, like before connecting the PC with the TV or after that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error messages came after, old TV worked with same connection?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a laptop or desktop PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dell Inspiron. 531S Desktop
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** probably, the hard drive cables are loose or defective, you can open up the tower cover and try to remove and reseat the cables of the hard drive, if that fails then, replace the cables with new ones, if that also fails then, I am very sorry to say that, the hard drive have failed. But, from my experience, I have seen that, in most of the cases like the cables are loose or defective. Let me know, if you need any further help checking the cables, otherwise please do remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sudipto, ill do what I can to check. Never opened the tower before so may have more questions? ūüė£
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Here is the link from where, you will find all the information regarding the hard drive problem with lot more tests, which you are try. http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/SLN289423/EN#Computer_Does_Not_Boot_to_Microsoft_Windows
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sudipto, opened tower, no issues. Reattached old TV monitor, all working perfectly.
Will request M/C refund ūüėí sorry, very frustrated!
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
So, you are getting the same error message only with new TV ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error message, old set is vga ready. I suspect some issue between analog and digital. Had already tried to solve that before contacting you. No resolution.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Did you tried to connect the new TV, after opening the tower cover ?