Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a seagate external hard drive am on windows 7 I am

Customer Question

I have a seagate external hard drive am on windows 7 I am useing seagate disc wizard and did a back up when completed I checked the external drive and it saidwindows can't open this file which program do you want to open this file
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Are you trying to restore the backed up files after refreshing / reinstalling Windows or something else?
Usually when Windows says that it means you don't have the required software installed (currently) to open or view the selected file. By looking at its file extension we can get the necessary software and open it.
Would you like me to start a remote session so I can help you directly from your computer?
Regards,