Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My mother is 86 and has a new computer. she is blocked because

Customer Question

My mother is 86 and has a new computer. she is blocked because she can't remember her password. there is no option for her to reset her password. Her e-mail is***@******.*** and I am 250 miles from her I am stumped we can't even get the computer to restart and get out of the window what can I do to help her.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
Just to clarify, is she using the same Outlook.com email address for her user account? If so, please click on the following link now:
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
Click "I forgot my password" and click Next.
Type in the Outlook.com email address and the provided captcha code, and click Next.
Use one of the recovery options listed to reset the password ***** her account accordingly. If one option does not work, you may go back and use any other recovery option listed.
Finally, she may use the newly created password ***** login to her user account accordingly.
If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly do not forget to rate my service by clicking on a star at the top of this page. Thank you!