Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Hard Drive is dead on Depp machine with OEM Windows 8.1. Key

Customer Question

Hard Drive is dead on Depp machine with OEM Windows 8.1. Key stored in BIOs What can I do to install new hard drive using existing key?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Please be informed that, you will not be able to use the Windows key with another Windows disc. You have to get a recovery disc from the computer manufacturer to install on your computer. Please let me know the manufacturer, so that I can help you with ordering a copy of recovery disc for your computer.
If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N