Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I would like to talk to someone on the phone, please. I think

Customer Question

i would like to talk to someone on the phone, please. I think I was scamed yesterday. Someone called and said he was Microsoft and that he had detected a virus in my computer and like a fool I let him take over my computer. I later learned that he was trying to sell me an anti virus, or so he said. I refused and hung up on him. I want to know if he did something to my computer.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
It looks like you were taken in by a rogue service - not affiliated with Microsoft in any way. They trick users into allowing them remote access to their PCs and then install their worthless programs and other malware, while charging the users for doing so. Microsoft will never place unsolicited calls to anymore unless their services are specifically requested for.
May I set up a quick remote session (no extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and make sure that your system has not been compromised?
Keep me posted.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Please reply back to me on this page itself. May I set up a quick remote session (no extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and make sure that your system has not been compromised in any way?
Keep me posted.