Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have an Ativa 8GB USB that is not being recognized by my

Customer Question

I have an Ativa 8GB USB that is not being recognized by my computer. I've tried it on others and it won't work their either.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
how old is the flash drive.
have you tried to connect it to two different computer and on different usb pots on the computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have tried it on other computers and other USB ports and it will not work.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
if the flash drive is newly purchased then you can get it replaced go back to the store and get it replaced or you can avail warranty service.
copy and paste the link for Ativa customer care for replacement.
http://www.ativaproducts.com/contact.html
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is a USB that I have been using and has files I need to retrieve. A warranty replacement would not help in this situation.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
I see you never mentioned on your initial question that you have data on the flash drive and this is an old usb drive and you want to know how to retrieve data from the usb drive.
normally when a usb drive stops working then it needs to be taken to a data recovery service who has special tools to retrieve data.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you recommend someone?

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
let me know the area and zip code you live i will try to find a data recovery center nearby.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

60452

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i am listing below the details of data recovery service providers below
Computers At Your Fingertips, LLC
14930 S Cicero Ave #3e
Oak Forest, IL
Computer Solutions & Services ***** Suite A
Steger, IL
NubiaTech, Inc.
696 River Oaks Drive
Calumet City, IL
let me know if you have any questions