Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

We have a new LG800G cell phone....It is a Trac fone prepaid

Customer Question

We have a new LG800G cell phone....It is a Trac fone prepaid minute.........I have the old number on the phone minutes and trac fone put a code in the phone.....Trac fone sent a new sim card because the phone will not work.......do all I have to do is
put the sim card in the phone or will it require more......I had surgery so I can not see very good
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is all you will need to do. You will need to remove the SIM card from the white plastic card. Remove the back cover of the phone and the battery. Insert the SIM card with the gold area down and beveled corner towards the beveled edge.
When your TracFone is turned on you will receive the message "SIM card registered/activated. If you see the message registration failed", "Unregistered SIM", or "No Service" because your phone has not yet been Activated. Please disregard this message, it will disappear once your phone is Active. The programming information is forwarded by TracFone to the local wireless carrier to Activate your phone.Please call TracFone's Customer Care Center at 1-***-***-**** if it is not Activated.