Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I get the following note - and dont know how to correct

Customer Question

Hi! - I get the following note - and dont know how to correct the problem so I can edit the photos from our last trip - any help would be appreciated - Thanks! - George
CBlockFile::Restore err=2, thumbs_index.db
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
To start with, I need to know what photo program you are working with on your mac, when you receive that error. Picasa, Iphoto, Photoshop, etc?
And also, please check for the exact version number of your mac OS as follows.
Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dustin - Picasa - Mac 10.10.3 -
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.. Lets try this as a first step.. It wont delete any of your photos. Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application. On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions Once it says permissions repair complete at the bottom right of that page, lets move onto step 2. Close Picasa.Open Finder.Click the Go menu, then choose Go to Folder.Enter ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Picasa3 then click Go.Drag and drop the 'db3' folder onto your desktop background for safe keeping.Open Picasa.Once you select the areas you'd like Picasa to scan, it will scan your photos to recreate your database. All should be well now~ If you get stuck or run into any issues you can reply here and I will assist you further. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks good! -Just one question - what do I do with the db3 folder on the desktop now?Thanks Dustin! - Cheers! - George
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
If picasa is working again.. Then you can drag that folder to the trash.. If you have any further questions George, youre welcome to reply. Other then that, please remember to click one of the rating icons before you go, and submit a rating. Thank you~ Dustin S
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again George.
I wanted to reach out to you to remind you if you can to submit a rating on this page for the assistance I offered. As currently my work history shows I was unable to help you with this question. ( no rating )
If you have further questions, or have run into any other issues you need help with. You know where to find me.
Thank you,
Dustin S.