Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Is there an audio system I can activate from the Gateway tower,

Customer Question

Is there an audio system I can activate from the Gateway tower, instead of using speakers. Speakers are not working. If speakers are hooked up to another source, they work fine. It seems like buying new speakers would not solve the problem.
Gateway Model #GT5404
S.No. GCVBC21002932
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try this please> Open the Playing Audio troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.‌ > If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone number(###) ###-#### This problem not solved!
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
I think the other expert opted out. Do you still want assistance?I can call you but what might be better is if I remote in. It sounds like the sound card is not working on the computer. That can often be fixed with a new driver. But even using external WiFi speakers it would still go through the computer sound card so unless it is a broken jack the external speakers would not work either