Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

222mk, I have a Toshiba S75T-A7349 Laptop with a WD1001X06XDTL Dual

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba S75T-A7349 Laptop with a WD1001X06XDTL Dual Drive 2.5 inch. The format on this drive is supposed to be 120GB SSD and remaining a regular HHD. It has lost this format and shows as one large HHD. WD says this will not work. I have tried everything I can think of including using their dos diagnostics on a bootable usb to write 0's, many partition managers. I can Install windows but only with one large partition and nothing seems to be able to reconfigure it. I can partition it but not with the software the comes with it or dowmload on the WD website. I am pretty computer literate and can even bring a corrupt bios back from the dead but not this. Thanks, Art
Category: Computer
Expert:  SladeV replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will help you too the best of my ability. Can you elaborate more as too your issue? Is it not a NTFS or FAT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Church all day just got in. NTFS and supposed to be a GPT Partition arrangement. I have tried booting to several boot partition managers and have succeded in actually getting a Win 8.1 on it but still partition is seen as one large 1.3 TB hard drive. it is supposed to have a 120 GB SSD and a regular spinning 1 TB HHD and WD says using it as one large drive will ruin it. Other than thyat they are little to no help. They want me to write o's fron a dos diag program they have but it is too old and is not usable on a new Windows or any dosw prom pt boot I can find.
Expert:  SladeV replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried using knoppix? It has some partition tools that are able too boot into an will not change anything unless you confirm it too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sir I have tried everything I can think of. I can get hard drive to GPT and divide it up the way my other identical hard drive is and still can not access the WDBlack2 software to properly access the HDD portion of the drive. The other drive is MBR and is divided differently (different laptop) so I have to guess at the divisions. Like I said WD is not helpful. BTW I am US citizen and using my VPN but in the Philippines so time is about 12 hours off from USA.... 9:04 pm here now so if I seem slow to respond you please understand but I am at my limits now with this. Thanks.
Expert:  SladeV replied 1 year ago.
The only other thing that I can recommend doing is finding a copy of Hiren's Disk and try the tools on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that that is not one I remembered but I do have an old copy just need to find a new one. I will let you know. This is a tough one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a friend with the latest and it was no help either. Please advise or open to another expert. So far nothing more than I have tried myself so not really satisfied.