Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

We purchased an asus monitor 1 mo ago in best buy, their demo

Customer Question

we purchased an asus monitor 1 mo ago in best buy, their demo had the screen divided into 4 quarters with dotted lines and when we got home so did our new monitor. My husband took new monitor and new tower back to best buy at their request and they corrected the problem. Today the screen has got the lines dividing it again but now the center of the screen has rectangular box going from left to right 1/2 the size of the screen and also a vertical box covering almost the full visual of the screen intersecting in the center. Is there an fix we can do at home instead of taking our computer apart and going back to best buy
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I would be happy to help you today. Can you give me the model number of the monitor please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MX279

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Click on your Start button then click on All Programs and look for Asus Utility. Let me know when you find it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

looked in all programs and no asus utility listed

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
There should be one listed somewhere in the start menu? Click on the Start button again, and in the Search field, type Asus and see if it finds it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

typed in search field no asus listing found

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what type of video card your computer is using?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
If not, just give me the make and model of the computer please.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Still with me?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Please locate the function buttons of the monitor along the lower front right side and let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay found function buttons
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
From left to right, the very first button is called the Quick Fit button. It will allow you to change the display. Try pressing it and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I push the button it has options of 8x10 a4 4x6
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Correct. If you push it repeatedly you should be able to change the display back to the way you like.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
How's it going?