Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I went to change my facebook page name and on accident

Customer Question

HI!
I went to change my facebook page name and on accident typed the wrong thing.. I read on help that you only get one page name! Eek! Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Was this a business / musician / artist page.. Or a personal page?
Also, was it your name, or username you need to change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's a business page called Philia, LLC. I was debating between changing it to Philia Brand or Philia Clothing. I meant to use Philia Clothing but submitted Philia Brand. I already changed my store website to philiaclothing.com, so I really need the page name to go from Philia, LLC to Philia Clothing. It was my name that I needed to change- so when people search, they would search Philia Clothing.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Does your page have over 200 likes on it? Or 200 followers / fans? If not.. Then you can change the name without issue. Please refer to the article below https://www.facebook.com/help/www/271607792873806 If you run into any issues, let me know and I can continue working with you on this issue. If needed, I can temporarily connect to your computer during a screen sharing session, and ensure the change request goes through. Let me know if youd like to try that additional service. Thank you~ I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I have over 200 followers (that's the problem). I submitted the request for a name change (and I submitted the wrong name). I submitted Philia Brand and meant to submit Philia Clothing.

I would appreciate any help to make sure this goes through with facebook! I searched everywhere to submit a request or email... but can't find any contacts.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
It might be best if we connect.. If the option to change the name is gone.. ( sometimes there is a 60 day limit ) Then what we may have to do is create a second unique page. Name it exactly as you want it. Set the address, location and details all the same. And then merge the pages.. https://www.facebook.com/help/249601088403018/ What merging the page will do is allow us to transfer all the likes and check-ins from the original ( mis-named ) page to the newly created correctly named page.. We will consider that a backup option if the option to change the page name is gone. I will go ahead and send the additional service offer for the screen sharing session now. Once accepted, I can send you the simple steps for us to connect so we can work through this issue and resolve it. Dustin S.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I can still continue to assist you, even if you do not want to make use of our phone / screen sharing service. I strongly suggest that you go through the steps to change your page name again, and request a change. Before you attempt creating an identical page ( with the correct name ) and merging.. Consider merging to be a backup step, that does have some drawbacks.. The goal here is to try and submit another page name, change request. As soon as possible. Before the previous ( incorrect ) name change has been approved ) https://www.facebook.com/help/271607792873806/ D.S If you have any questions about the steps I outlined above, let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried that and it keeps saying "update failed, please try again later."

I know my first request went through because when I saved it, it said the request was being sent. I immediately realized I submitted the wrong name and tried to change it, and it wouldn't let me. I'm trying to submit a request to support dashboard but there's no spot for me to submit a request? Do you know where I can do that?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Question. What exactly are you trying when it says " update failed please try again later "