Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My television keeps searching and pop-ups of all

Customer Question

My television keeps searching for updates and pop-ups of all the icons for various sites keep popping up at the botton of the screen. The input info at the top of the screen also keeps popping up and the time is incorrect.
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Could you please let me know what model your TV is? That way I can give you the instructions to get these issues fixed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

E601i-A3

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So are the pop-ups on the bottom of the screen for sites like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Firstly, here is how to set the time: Setting the Time & Local SettingsTo ensure the correct time is displayed when you press the INFObutton, set the TV’s time zone:1. Press the MENU button on theremote. The on-screen menu isdisplayed.2. Use the Arrow buttons on theremote to highlight System andpress OK. The System menu isdisplayed.3. Use the Arrow buttons on theremote to highlight Time andLocal Settings and press OK.The menu headed by the localdate and time is displayed.4. Highlight Time Zone and pressOK. The Time Zone menu isdisplayed.5. Highlight your time zone and press OK.6. Highlight Daylight Saving and press OK. The Daylight Savingmenu is displayed. Choose On if your locale observesdaylight savings time, or Off if it does not.7. If you are in the United States, highlight Zip Code. Enter yourZip code using the keypad on the remote, then press OK. Zipcodes are often used by V.I.A. Plus Apps to give you the mostaccurate location-based information, such as weather ornews.8. Highlight Country and press OK. The Country menu isdisplayed.9. Highlight your country and press OK.10. Press the EXIT button on the remote.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
But actually, before you do that, I would just perform a factory reset of the TV to resolve the issue of the pop-ups. To restore the TV to its factory default settings:1. Press the MENU button on the remote. The on-screen menu isdisplayed.2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight Systemand press OK. The System menu is displayed.3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. The Reset & Adminmenu is displayed.4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.5. If you have changed the default parental control passcode,enter it now.The TV displays, “Select Reset to restore all TV settings tofactory defaults.”6. Highlight Reset and press OK.7. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortlyafterward and the Setup App will begin.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
When the TV comes back on and you go through the "setup app" it will give you the option to set the time/date there also. If you don't get the option, you can always refer to the previous set of instructions I sent you to set the date/time through the TV's menu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problem is that it continues searching and shutting me out of the menu so I can't do what you are asking.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
I see. Can you try to unplug the TV completely from power for 2 full minutes, and then plug it back in and power it on to see if it continues with that issue?