Carl L
Carl L, IT Specialist
Experience:  14+ Years of Extensive Computer Repair Experience.
27991594

I couldn't log on to computer this morning. It was directing

Customer Question

I couldn't log on to computer this morning. It was directing me to activate computer. Went through process and using serial # ***** windows. I have windows xp home addition.
After activation could not open the 2 dos programs I have and the windows programs such as word were asking for cd to reinstall. I did get a searching for dll error when trying to open dos accounting program. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.Sounds like a lot of corruption in the core system files. Did the computer get shut off abruptly without you turning it off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.
I would start by trying to perform a system restore. If you haven't done this before, click the start icon on the bottom left of your screen then navigate to All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Hopefully there will be a restore point that you can select and use it to restore your computer back to when everything worked. Give that a try and let me know how that works. It will restart your computer so you will need to use the Just Answer link in your email to get back to me. You can also goto justanswer.com as well.
Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.
How did it go?