Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I cannot install Google Chrome on my Toshiba laptop. Message

Customer Question

I cannot install Google Chrome on my Toshiba laptop. Message keeps saying "Installation Failed"
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.This issue usually has to do with a problem with a failed installation leaving behind a key in the computers registry. I am going to provide you with specific instructions on removing the problematic registry key. Be very careful with these instructions because if you do something wrong you could cause larger issues. First hold down the windows flag key on the keyboard and press the letter R to open a run box.In the 'Run' box window that appears, type regedit in the text field and click the OK button.In the 'Registry Editor' window, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Update\Clients\.Right-click the directory '{430FD4D0-B729-4F61-AA34-91526481799D}'.Select Delete from the menu that appears.Close the 'Registry Editor' window.Try installing chrome again.If you think this is too difficult and would like me to connect to your computer and do it for you click the get extra help button. If you do not need extra help you can always reply to me to continue the discussion if you have follow up questions.Thank you,Chris