Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm having a problem with my gmail. My emails don't show up

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with my gmail. My emails don't show up for days at a time, then all of a sudden 20 or 30 will post. Or sometimes emails will show up on my iPhone but not on my desktop computer. Several times I've gotten an email asking for my password...signing onto that however has not solved the problem. Would appreciate a resolution to this issue, please.
Sherry Weathers ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me please which email program you use on the Mac to access your gmail emails?
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't understand the questions. I have gmail...
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Gmail is the actual email service but there are a few ways to access it.
Via your Safari web browser, via Apple Mail, Via Outlook ect?
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have Safari. I'm not comfortable having a stranger remote access my computer. Can you tell me what the problem is? Can you fix it without remote access?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This seems simple to me. I'm not getting my emails in a timely manner. Then they show up all at once.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes thats no problem, we just need to go through the different causes for this as a few things can cause this.
Click on my link below and confirm you can sign in please
www.gmail.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went to my gmail page as you requested. Your link shows I have 23 emails however those emails are not showing up in my inbox on my desktop or my iPhone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't see a place to sign in???
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is why I am asking as that was via Safari, so what exactly do you mean with
"not showing up in my inbox on my desktop"
In which program on your desktop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can we talk by phone please? I think it will be easier to have this conversation. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I only do support he online but via phone would not help, I just need to know what email program you use to access Gmail on your desktop please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Outlook I guess?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Open the email program and check what it is please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry....how do I do that?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you double click the icon to open your email program.
Like you do always to open it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did that....where does it show me which email program?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
When it opens it will show you as its opening.
Or the name on the icon itself that you are double clicking.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No name on the icon. The only name that shows up when I open it is google.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And my inbox doesn't show any new emails...but when I click on the link you provided earlier it shows I have 23 emails in my inbox.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And I haven't had this problem until the last couple of months. Everything was fine for over a year. Why a problem out of the blue?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I will once more request to be sure, if we can do a remote desktop connection.
If not I will have to opt out of working with you further as I still do not know how your accessing your emails which makes it impossible for me to then fix.
Let me know if your still against a remote desktop please and I can then act accordingly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay....let's go ahead with the remote access...
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I have made the offer, please accept it and I can then connect to your computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am so wary of this, Richard...
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I can only say I have been here for 6 years and done thousands of customers.
You can see my profile here
http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=32989067&FID=6
I am only interested in fixing your problem.