Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

I used my Gateway 838 GM Recovery Dvd and got the message "System

Customer Question

I used my Gateway 838 GM Recovery Dvd and got the message "System Restoree environmentr is incomplete! Please insert System Restore CD/DVD #1 Now. I only have the Recovery DVD, Drivers and Applications DVD, and Bootfiles disk. Where can I get a Systems Restore CD/DVD #1 now?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. So you only have the drivers and applications disk and you said you have the recovery dvd?
Hello, my name is***** will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Charles. I do have the Recovery Disk I made in 2005. Evidently I did not make it properly as after I used the Recovery Disk it showed that the disk was incomplete and to install the #2 disk. I had nothing named #2 disc. I did have a disk named applications disk and I put it in. The computer used it and called for the #3 disk. From what I have found there may be 10 disks.
Today ordered the disks from Restore Disks.com. When they arrive I will see how that works.Now I have a question about my subscription to Justanswer.com. I see that I am set for a month of help from them. I would like to make sure that the 30 day period is not renewed. I do not want the subscription to be renewed. Who do I talk to to make sure the subscription is not extended?
I would not have advised ordering those disks from there this is what you need to do. I would advise having them ordered directly from gateway. It would come with the original recovery software for your machine specifically. You can call them at(###) ###-#### ***** answer your other question you would need to call justanswer.com at 1.***-***-**** This way you can discuss the non renewal. If you have more questions on the problem please let me know and don't forget to leave positive feedback for my time and information. It is how I am compensated for my time and information. If those disks don't work I always recommend gettings them for the manufacturer.