Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Why does my youtube video have less views today? I posted a music vide

Customer Question

Why does my youtube video have less views today? I posted a music video yesterday and it reached around 2,400 views by midnight, then i woke up today and it started counting up from 105, now its at 250, but it still has over 300 thumbs up which means it definitely had more views. what the hell is going on?!?!?!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi. They probably done a recalculation of views to remove invalid one (done by scripters). They could still be seen as valid but because this is automated in can be drastic. Note that the views are not real time on Google, so some post processing of that count can always happen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that, but this drop isn't accurate, when i saw it this morning the view count dropped to 100 but my thumbs up were 300. 100 views and 300 thumbs up??? that doesn't even make sense, is it something that will jump back, its really upsetting me, i would understand going from the 2,400 views to 2,000 but down to 100 its like no one even watched it
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Usually fake view count are big, or else there would be no point to increase by just a few. The thumbs up and the views may be on a separated update schedule and different calculation criteria. You need a good weeks to have a good idea of where you are with a video after a big recalculation took place.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
As Martin stated, Youtube is cracking down on "purchased" or fraudulent views on their videos. If they find a person/company purchasing the views or the views that come in are deemed to be fraud, they will remove those views. The reason that your likes stayed are because they do not remove the likes; only the views.
It does not mean that you did anything wrong (if you didn't purchase the views), it just means that Youtube has found some views to be faked.