Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am not able to transfer my "music list" on i tunes to my

Customer Question

I am not able to transfer my "music list" on i tunes to my iPod.
I used to be able to drag the title from the list to, e.g."purchased", but the upgrade does not allow me to do so.
Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Newer versions of iTunes are a bit finicky when you bring data (i.e music) over from older versions. It would be a bit difficult to troubleshoot via chat because it could be a series of things that needs to be done to get your iTunes functioning as you would like it to...so would you be interested in additional services for a remote connection so that I can resolve it for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What does "additional services" mean?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So I can offer a service for a remote screen sharing session so that I can work on your computer while you watch. There is an additional fee incurred though. We could work through this chat for no additional cost but it would be quite challenging to get the information I need to give you the solution
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

You are the expert, so I am willing to try to work through the chat with you.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
OK no problem, so you could you go a little further in to what you mean by "does not allow me to do so"? Does it give you any error or just simply does not happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It simply does not happen

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So it worked before you updated iTunes correct?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
What is the source of your music list?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i tunes. I select from a number of albums, transfer them to the list and usually just drag to the intended place on my iPod

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
I understand, and is this the only machine you have synced your iPod with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So do you already have some of this music synced on there and just trying to add more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Do you get any errors when you sync?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sync doesn't even show

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
I see...Please give this a try If syncing fails, the Sync button is greyed out and not available at all, or if you try to sync and nothing transfers over to the iPhone, iPod, or iPad, you may simply need to authorize the computer with iTunes:Open iTunes with the iOS device attached to the computer through USBPull down the “Store” menu and choose “Deauthorize This Computer”Now go back to the Store menu and choose “Authorize This Computer”Fill in the Apple ID and password ***** then choose “Authorize”