Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

My computer runs on Vista, and, while trying to password *****

Customer Question

My computer runs on Vista, and, while trying to password ***** my internet connection, I input some data that caused me to lose my internet service. I am a cable subscriber (Suddenlink). Do I need to have internet access to readjust my settings? Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try to see if I can assist you with your issue.
First I'm not sure how trying to password ***** your Internet connection, basically you wireless router, would cause you to lose your Internet connection.
When trying to secure you network, you are securing the wireless router only. So any configuration changes you made would be made on the router itself. Now if you run into issue with this process, there is a "Reset" button on your router, usually in the back. If you press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds it will reset the router back to its factory out of the box settings.
If you plug your computer directly into the back of your cable modem, and you still do not have access to the Internet, unplug the cable modem for 20 seconds and plug it back in. If this fails to restore your Internet connection, you will unfortunately have to contact Suddenlink Customer Service. They will have a setup tool that they will run to restore the Internet connection.
I just wanted to follow-up with you. If your issue has been resolved, please take a brief moment to rate my customer service. If not, please let me know how I can be of further assistance.