Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Artixscan 2020 feeder out one third of the scanned

Customer Question

My Artixscan 2020 feeder blanks out one third of the scanned document on the top pages (those that are up in the feeder) if I use black and white. If I use two sided scan, this happens only on the sheetes that are up in the feeder. If I use color or autoselect, that part of the scanner document is darker than the rest. This just started happening. What's going on? How, if at all, can it be corrected?
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Are you connected to the scanner via ethernet or USB? Have you tried it on another computer yet or just one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not connected to the internet. I have only one computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I am connected to the scanner via usb. I have tried unplugging and replugging the usb with no change in the problem.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that information. So at this time have you tried unplugging the unit from power for 2 minutes, and then reconnecting it and powering it back on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not for a full 2 minutes. Should I try that?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Yes give that a try, also disconnect the USB cable between the computer and scanner also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried it and tested the scanner. Still have the same problem.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
OK next step - uninstall the software and scan drivers and re-install. Do you have the CD that came with the unit?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Actually something I forgot to ask, does this happen only with the feeder? Or is it also on the flat bed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happens only with the feeder.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks for that info. So can you try re-installing software?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
But since it it only with the feeder...I'm afraid the scanner hardware might be defective. I searched but Microscan does not have a firmware update available online...so your only option might be to send the unit in for service.