Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Please help! I have an issue with Chrome - using it across

Customer Question

Please help! I have an issue with Chrome - using it across many computers and operating systems. Web pages load properly but links don't work. (I can pull up my bank's welcome page but cannot see my bank statement.) I am currently using a Chromebook, so moving to an alternate browser is not an option. Any thoughts?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, since the problem is happening on multiple devices it means that something is wrong with chrome itself and it is is syncing to the other devices and causing the issue there as well. This usually means that you have a chrome extension that is not working properly and causing the problem. Try the following to fix. Do this on one of your computers and not the chrome book to start. In the chrome address bar at the top type:chrome://extensions/This will show you a list of all the extensions you have enabled in chrome. Uncheck the enabled box for all extensions and then see if you have the issue. If you are able to click links then return to the extensions page and enable a few to rule out which one is causing the problem. Leave the one that is causing the issue disabled. It then should sync across all your devices using chrome fixing the issue everywhere. Give that a try and if you still need help let me know.Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. ***** need to find the offending extension. Good Job!

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Probably the best way is to disable them all then re-enable about 3 at a time.

If you need more help please let me know and if you could please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.