Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

The battery in my Surface RT seems to have died. The surface

Customer Question

Hi
The battery in my Surface RT seems to have died. The surface logo comes up then to a large circle with an almost empty battery in it. Who can replace it and at what cost?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. You can actually do it yourself and I can show you where to buy a new battery. First how long have you had this machine and is there a model number that you can provide to me? Also any computer repair center can change the battery for you usually.
If you want to do this operation yourself you can get a battery replacement kit from this site: https://www.newpower99.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=Surface+RT&Search.x=0&Search.y=0
In the search type surface RT and choose your model or you can search surfact RT and your model number that is another option. Here is a link to the video on how to do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuW6UhFVwQM
If you don't think you can do this yourself look for a computer repair store that works on laptop computers and tablets. Usually the replacement is under $100 if you choose to have it done just to give you an idea.
If you have any other questions please let me know. Please don't forget to leave positive feedback for my time and information it is how I am compensated have a good day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Charles,
I bought my Surface RT at JB Hi-Fi in Belconnen on 26/12/13 and had it replaced in Coffs Harbour JB Hi-Fi on the 4/4/14. I can't find the number on the current one. If I can replace the battery in Australia for around $100, then I'd rather do that than getting a battery from the USA. The problem is which computer stores can repair it as those approached say it has to go back to a Microsoft Centre as they cannot get the batteries in Australia. So who can I approach?
There are millions of shops in the world and we reside in the US. What you would need to do is to call Microsoft at 132 058 they can tell you where exactly how to get this done not to mention locate local repair centers so that you can get this battery replaced.