A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have a Biostar TA970 motherboard with an AMD FX. I cannot

Customer Question

I have a Biostar TA970 motherboard with an AMD FX. I cannot get Windows Server 2012 R2 to install. It starts loading the files and displays a message that I cannot read because it does not appear on the screen long enough and reboots. Is there some kind of BIOS configuration change that I can make?
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! What version did you receive from Microsoft? Did you download from VLSC or did you get physical media?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a VLSC.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does install as a guest os in Hyper-V but not as a host os.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
How are you mounting in the physical hardware? USB, network, CD ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using the on board SATA DVD drive.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
I've seen this install issue with certain media...have you tried to install it over network on using USB?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Give it a shot and see what happens...doesn't make a lot of sense but I encountered the same issue with a few other machines before also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will create a boot USB and copy the install files to it and attempt to install the os that way. I will have to contact you later, say tomorrow.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
No problem, just reply here and we can continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The USB method did not work. However, I solved the problem. I installed an 180 day evaluation version without any problems. I then changed the activation key with my key and it converted to a full version. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Great, not a problem. Glad you got it resolved. Please do leave a positive rating here, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.