Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Why does my windows 8.1 show all my apps and such as all

Customer Question

why does my windows 8.1 show all my apps and such as all running? my computer is so slow im ready to throw it in the street.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so much for 8 minute wait time.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why must I pay when I have unlimited use of just answer?
Remote is an additional cost. If I remote in and work on your problem, I am not given any credit for my extra efforts. That is okay, however. We can just work via this page.
So, 'how' did you see that all the apps are running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DONT KNOW IF IM RIGHT BUT WENT UNDER TASK MANAGER SHOWED A BUNCH OF STUFF RUNNING. REALLY SLOW ON SOME THINGS. HESSITATES ETC. WINDOWS 8 8.1 IS JUNK.EVERYONE I KNOW HAS SLOW AND HESITATIONS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JUST WAS HUNG UP THERE FOR A MINUTE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JUST FROZE UP AGAIN. JUNK SOME SITES OK THOUGH
I agree that any version of Windows is junk, if setup incorrectly.
I am running Windows 8.1 on my computer and so far, it is the fastest and most reliable operating system I have used.
The reason I offered the remote earlier is because there is no way to tell what the culprit before analyzing the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO THANKS I PAY A MONTHLY FEE... I AND I WILL CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP BECAUSE OF THIS...
I am sorry to hear that.
I have run out of ideas.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be happy to help you with no additional charge
if you have not just rebooted it that might help a lot
I also agree with you that windows 8 is junk. It was not designed to be a good operating system. It was designed to work exactly the same way that the windows 8 phones work. They hoped it would make a cross platform that people would use on all their devices. It was a bad idea. windows 8.1 attempts to correct some of it.
If you are talking about actual apps rather than programs windows does not automatically close them. It is supposed to keep them in the background but not slow you down. Apparently it doesnt work as well as they hoped. This page shows how to actually close them
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-close-app
I would also suggest running a malware scan from malwarebytes. That is more likely to be slowing it down than the windows apps.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/
If they are actual windows programs rather than apps that start automatically when you start your computer there is another way to get rid of them
hold the windows logo key down and hit R
in the run box type
msconfig
hit enter
under services tab
CHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES
anything else uncheck if you dont know exactly what it is and definitely need it
hit apply
under startup tab
click the link to go to startup in the task manager
right click on everything you dont want running automatically
select disable
reboot the computer.