Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

My iPhone 5s has been losing battery power much too quicly.

Customer Question

My iPhone 5s has been losing battery power much too quicly. It will say 80% then drop to 40% in an hour. Only 2-3 screens are active and the most recent software is installed. I do have an issue with the screen staying lit up after I am done using it. It stays on for 10-15 minutes then dims but that sis not enough for the power it uses. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please try some troubleshooting here. If it does not resolve the problem, then you will need to replace the battery, unfortunately.

First Backup all your data (pictures, documents, ect..)

Solution 1 : Try a simple reset. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Solutionn 2 : Reset all settings. Go to settings > general > reset > reset all settings.

Solution 3 : Try the restore option. Open itunes program in your computer and connect your iphone. the iphone name would now be listed to the left side of itunes, below "devices". Click on the iphone name and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find the "restore" button.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My wife had to leave and take her phone. I will reply when she returns, thanks.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Ok Sir, You're very welcome

Regards