Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Windows 7 64 bit OS Adobe Acrobat 11.011 Problem: When I

Customer Question

Windows 7 64 bit OS
Adobe Acrobat 11.011
Problem: When I try to print a PDF file, the print routine runs normally up to the point where the print screen shows "printing 0% progress". The screen then freezes and the computer is totally unresponsive. Needs to be rebooted to restore functionality. What's going on??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your printer?
When did this issue first occur?
Is it able to print a PDF file in Adobe Reader (not in Adobe Acrobat)?
Is it able to print anything else, such as a word document, a web page, a picture, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Printer is HP Color LaserJet 2025
Weeks ago
Will not print in Adobe Reader
Prints other files normally
Was it print fine PDF files previously with this printer and/or another printer? If yes, when did this issue first occur? Have you tried to do a system restore?
Did you make any change recently to your computer, such as installing or uninstalling something, etc., that may have caused the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the problem arose when the Adobe Acrobat XI update was released a month or more ago. Prior to that I believe it was printing properly. I am not certain about the timing.
I have not installed or otherwise modified the computer
- So if you open a folder that contains a PDF file, then "right-click" on it, then click on Open with, then select "Adobe Acrobat", then print and it freezes right?
- And if you open a folder that contains a PDF file, then "right-click" on it, then click on Open with, then select "Adobe Reader", then print and it freezes also right?
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right on both questions
Can you uninstall both Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader, then restart the computer, then download and install only Adobe Reader, does it print?
http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have uninstalled both programs, restarted the computer and installed a new version of adobe reader. The original problem still exists. When I try to print a PDF document from reader, the computer freezes when the print process starts. What do you suggest next??
I'm sorry, it takes long to troubleshoot as it's a strange issue. Can you unplug the printer from the computer for now
, then go to control panel and uninstall the HP printer program there
, then restart the computer
, then download / reinstall the printer's driver at the website below:
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3673581
, then check printing with Adobe Reader.
Please let me know; I'll troubleshoot further if there is still issue.
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you for your patience.