Richard Hall
Richard Hall, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Chief Information Officer at Spectrum Contracting Serv.
77993500

The fonts on Quarkexpress 9.5.3 come out funney. when i apply

Customer Question

the fonts on Quarkexpress 9.5.3 come out funney. when i apply a text style, it dosn't get a font, and when i direct it it comes realy misshaped, bold and ... funney!!
will you talk with me till all the font problems i have with this program are solved for that price you ask?
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! I will try my best to help you resolve the font issues through our chat here.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Could you let me know what character fonts you are using? Anything special or just the fonts that come with windows?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
flipped fonts
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Not sure I recognize what flipped fonts isDid you download that online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know Quark?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i want to type Hebrew on Quark i need flipped fonts. got it?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I do, just not familiar with the term filpped fonts, is this the same as reversed?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Yes I think I understand now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what means reversed?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
OK, sorry, I think I might not be suited well for your question, I am going to opt-out to allow another expert to assist you, best of luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but i lost 5 minutes
Expert:  Richard Hall replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** you some time so you are back where you started.For starters, I think the best bet would be to install the update to version 9.5.4.1Make sure you set a restore point before you install. I'm assuming you are using windows as stated in your information,so do not install if you are using a Mac. There is a separate update for the Mac OS.Download the update here:http://www.quark.com/en/Support/Downloads/Details.aspx?fid=276 Once you have installed the update if that doesn't fix the problem as it should, then I can screenshare with you and we can look at any program settings like style sheets and etc.. that might be causing the issue. Thanks!Richard