Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am trying to rest my password, but the phone number is *****

Customer Question

I am trying to rest my password, but the phone number is ***** in my account. so I need to change my phone number.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me please for which email service this is? eg: Yahoo, hotmail, gmail?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yahoo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
When you created the account, did you set an alternative email address to be contacted on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, when you did not then you need to fill out a special form.
This form will have you provide some information about your account as well as a new alternate email address.
Access the form at the following link:
http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact
Once on that page choose Hacked Accounts, dont have access to my alternative account and fill in your information as detailed and accurate as possible.
When finished submit the form. It may take yahoo a few days to reply because it takes time to verify the information. If you provided enough information to verify the account is yours they will send you a password ***** link.
Ultimately you will need to verify that this is your account or else you will not be able to get back in. Unfortunately since the internet can be a very dishonest place yahoo is unable to take anyone on their word.
If you get confused or need help during any part of the process please do not hesitate to reply to me and let me know so I can further assist. Most importantly you must provide them with an email address that they can contact you at under where it says alternate email address.
I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating Yahoo or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
If you need anything else at all, please let me know
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top and submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you