Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am using a thumb 16 GB thumb drive that has 7.11 GB of photos

Customer Question

I am using a thumb 16 GB thumb drive that has 7.11 GB of photos on it. When I plug it into my TV it first showed about 30 pictures then said no data available. So I went back to my computer & deleted the files, redownloaded & tried again. This time it said no data
available right from the start. Am I failing to do something or is it a bad thumb drive?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.If the files are still readable on the computer, then it seems to me that your TV has a defective file-reading function, rather than that you might have a defective thumb drive. I suggest that you try using a slightly smaller size of thumb drive, e.g. 4 GB or smaller. (You couldn't get all 7.11 GB of photos onto a drive that size, of course, but you could fit that much data on 2 x 4 GB thumb drives. (Sometimes devices find it hard to read sizes greater than 4 GB. It's just a thought. And trying a smaller size of thumb drive is just something to try for the problem.) Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.