Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have InDesign 2. My computer is 8 years old, and I need

Customer Question

I have InDesign 2. My computer is 8 years old, and I need to get Windows 7. They have to wipe my hard drive clean and then reinstall my programs. I still have my discs for Creative Suite 2. Will I be able to reinstall this on my new computer?
Lind
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. As long as you have your CS2 discs and your license key you should have no issue installing the program on windows 7. That being said some users have complained of issues while running it on windows 7 and it not behaving as it should however this could be do to the hardware in that specific computer. According to Microsofts upgrade adviser it is compatible. So I would say the best thing to do is install it on windows 7 and see if you run into any issues. If you do than the easiest thing may be to upgrade to a newer version of in design but give the old one a shot first as it should be compatible. That version is quite old now though and it is always a good idea to keep as current as you can with software. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks,Chris