Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Lenovo Laptop, B560, KAV10, Purchased new late 2009 early

Customer Question

Lenovo Laptop, B560, KAV10, Purchased new late 2009 early 2010, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit Intel, 2-Core P6200 @ 2.13 GHz. Processor. Video w/Audio playback has an intermittent periodic distortion when playing U-Tube Videos, email with attached videos
and videos either Microsoft's Windows Media Player Version 12, QuickTime Player 7.76, VLC Media Player 2.2.1. Note: it doesn't matter which browser I use: Explorer 11, Chrome 43, or Firefox 38, it still distorts. Likewise with the "player", it does not matter
which one I use I still get the distortion. Combinations of these elements all produce the same distortion. The Windows Updates are current. Flash Player Versions 17.0.0.188 in Active X and NPAPI are both installed in 32 bit not 64 bit. Device Driver gives
no indication of any problems; no explanation marks are showing. Graphics are Intel HD and Audio is Realtek HD. I have more specs. if you require.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
As the first step, can you do the following please
Download CC Cleaner (free) from here
CC Cleaner
(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)
Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.
Once done, restart the computer
Than
Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Then test and tell me please if you still have the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
Pls pardon my delay in responding to your request. I followed your instructions exactly, however, the distortion remains, untouched my these operations. Note: all operations completed without incident.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Please do the following in Internet Explorer
Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options
Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.
Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset
Restart the computer and tell me please if you still have the problem.