Richard Hall
Richard Hall, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Chief Information Officer at Spectrum Contracting Serv.
77993500

I had power go on and off due to lightning store. I was on

Customer Question

I had power go on and off due to lightning store. I was on my desk top Hewlett Packard. Getting Start PXE over IPv4. Tried turning computer on off no help. I have windows 8. Sending this on my lap top.I own HP Pavilion model p7-1414 pc
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard Hall replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** can assist you with your problem.To rectify this problem, what you will need to do is enter BIOS when the computer is starting up.You should be able to tap F10 to enter bios.What you will need to do in Bios is to ensure that the hard disk is your 1st boot device.What it is trying to do is boot from the network device.You will also need to disable PXE Boot as well. This is something you would not use most likely, it's more typical in corporate environments.That should fix your problem. If you run into any problems adjusting those settings, let me know.Thanks,Richard
I was just checking in to see if you were able to use the steps I described above to solve your problem.
Just let me know.
Thank you!