Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have windows 7 home premium..I need to upgrade from IE8 to

Customer Question

I have windows 7 home premium..I need to upgrade from IE8 to anthing above (9,10,11..) When I try to upgrade, it says I need to install SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R..when i try to install that, i keep getting errors....I have gone into the list of features within the dialog box, but it is empty..i log into my computer through Firefox, could that be the issue? How can I update my Internet Explorer??? What am I missing?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=78f288ae-0417-4555-a7f3-02af765fdc9a
Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (in Firefox, click on the down arrow button at the top-right to view your downloads).
OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.
If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.
Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the remote session. I'll await further follow up from your side now. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The download did not work....not sure what to do next....
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my apologies - I had gone off for the day when you replied back to me.
Do leave me a reply when you are available next, and we will take this further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no really need..I contacted Microsoft and they suggested to download a newer version of Windows.....
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Well, that should absolutely NOT be necessary - IE11 is perfectly compatible with Windows 7. Did you get any error when trying to install the "System Update Readiness Tool" earlier?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the same error message
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, could you let me know what was the exact error message you received this time?
Thank you.