Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME,,,I HAVE AN LG OPTIMUS F6,FROM

Customer Question

HELLO,COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME,,,I HAVE AN LG OPTIMUS F6,FROM METRO PCS STORE,WELL MY FILEMANAGER GOT DELETED ACCIDENTALLY AND I'VE SEEM TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS PHONE SINCE LIKE 2 WEEK'S AFTER RECEIVING IT,BUT I AM NOT TO FAMILIAR WITH TECHNOLOGY SO PLEASE HAVE PATIENTS WITH ME,,,,BUT MY GMAIL IS SO BACKED UP,,,AND MY PHONE ITS SAYING I NEED TO UPDATE LIKE SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING, ,,I'M SURPRISED I'M ABLE TO SEND THIS MESSAGE, LOL,LOL,PLEASE COULD SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME POSITIVE IMPUT,THANK YOU VERY MUCH,THE GUY FROM METRO PCS SAID I NEEDED A FACTORY DATA RESET AND SOMETHING WITH THE HARD DRIVE
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
I will give you some positive input which is, that everything will be okay. Since you did the reset, that was actually the correct thing to do. If you did the full factory reset where you erase everything it should completely erase it and then come back up to the startup screen where it asks you to start setting up the phone. If you haven't done that yet I would do that and make sure it goes through that startup and set up again.
As for the errors, that has to do with having a Google apps flashed that does not match the version of android you are using. I think you have to make sure that you've done a full white at this point and then start from the beginning that the set up. You will still get many updates after that but that's correct because you will probably be several patches behind. One thing you will want to make sure you've done is open the Google play store and login at least once after the phone reset is complete. If you haven't done that yet since you reset it I would do that now and see if that makes a difference. Because without that reset it will tell you there updates on Google but it will not download them.