Here is the procedure for Toshiba Windows xp, vista, and 7:
- Make sure the device is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
- Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
- Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
- Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer/tablet. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
- If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
- A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
- Click Yes to continue.
- When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
- Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
For Toshiba Windows 8 and 8.1, please see the Reset instructions at the website below:
If it does not work, here is another method:
- Go to Control Panel->User Accounts->Manage another account, and create a new account, and select the Administrator option when prompted, then restart the computer
, then log in the new account, then go to Control Panel->User Accounts->Manage another account again, then select the old account, then delete the account and confirm delete files.
When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,