Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

You got my keyboard working, but the refresh eliminated all

Customer Question

You got my keyboard working, but the refresh eliminated all of my apps. Is there a way to reinstall easily or do I have to start over?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. Yes, you have to reinstall your apps, but it should be easy, and all your data should still be there. Go to Store and download/install apps you need to use now. And/or use your software disks / downloads. (If you miss an app, you can always install it at that time.)
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why didn't you tell me that I was going to lose my apps before you had me wipe my computer. All data is wiped with those apps.
I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I have done this refresh method (not reset method) many times and it was fine. Yes, this method wipes your apps, but it does not wipe your data, but yon can always get back your apps anytime. Also, when you did the refresh method, it showed you what would be deleted, and what would stay put, and you would confirm or not. You can easily reinstall your apps, and all your data should be there. Please let me know some data (and/or apps) that you are missing, so I can troubleshoot further. Please let me know. Thank you.