Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

When I place CD in my computer to load AP it tells me my computer

Customer Question

When I place CD in my computer to load AP it tells me my computer system will not support AP computer is a Tosgiba with Microsoft Vista what do I do please ? Richard
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.What program is 'AP', please ? I'm not sure, though I could guess it was Adobe Photoshop. What version of AP is on the disk, please? read the disk label to see the version, and also, what Windows versions it is compatible with.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By AP I simply meant loading the programme on the disk Version 13.01 I dont know what are compatible Windows versions I guess this is why I am seeking your assistance Richard
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. What program is on the disk?Or if the program name is ***** ***** what disk is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disk is a Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Recorder Edition Version 13.01
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awaiting your response
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks for the information. Dragon Naturally Speaking version 13.01 is compatible with the following Windows versions: Unfortunately, after some research, it is evident that version 13 of Dragon is not compatible with Windows Vista. Page 18 of this User Guide to Dragon version 13 specifically states the Windows compatibility to start with Windows 7:http:[email protected]/documents/collateral/dns13_userguide.pdf I don't know what to suggest. This is not a case where you can set Compatibility Mode - that function only works toward earlier versions.It seems you need to get an earlier version of Dragon Naturally Speaking, one that still had compatibility with Windows Vista. Either that, or get a Windows 7 install onto your computer, perhaps.Let me know what you would like to pursue on this matter. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
To repeat: Nuance's Dragon software, in version 13, cannot be installed and run, on Windows Vista. Only on Windows 7 or later. Would you like to pursue either getting Dragon version 12? ... I could research a source... or Windows 7 ? ...if so, let me know the model of your Toshiba computer.