Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Technician at Tech Amelia
78724427

Need: To update or buy again app named e-wallet so I will

Customer Question

Need: To update or buy again app named e-wallet so I will be able to synch my data between my Samsung Galaxy 4 and my PC and new Samsung tablet. I previously had the app on both and working fine until I updated one but not the other. I have tried contacting the Ilium company that sells e-wallet and I have talked to a Google Play rep and a Samsung rep and they have not gotten the issue fixed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.

1. The first steps in what we need to do is save any data on that app if needed
  2. Remove the app from all devices
  3. Reboot all devices
  4. Make sure all of the devices have the same e-mail registered on themselves
  5. Install the app again on all devices

Let me know.

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before I attempt any of this, I need to know exactly what it means to have the "same e-mail registered on all the devices." Is there any way you can be more detailed about just where on the phone and on the Win 8.1 computer do I put the "email registered." Because I think it is confusing that it shows in accounts for Google both emails and another gmail as well which I hardly use at all, but had set up at one time; and I am afraid if I try to inactivate it or delete it (or whatever it is called) that it would interfere with some Google services perhaps. Is there the same or different passwords for gmail account and Google account?

Hi Louise.

You won't need to add it for the computer. On the phone, you will just go to your Settings. If you do not want to go through that, then we can bypass it and just install the app - then enter the same e-mail in the new installed app.

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure how your answer is going to permit me to get the app on my Samsung Phone, when each time I have tried to get the app in recent days, it gives me that message about error retrieving information from the server.

I won't have a chance to continue to work on this until at least tomorrow, so I'm putting the matter on hold for now.

Hi Louise,

Thanks for clarifying. This issue is actually due to a inter net error when connecting with the App store. We want to make sure the phone or WiFi signal is strong when downloading. If it is strong, a setting issue is on the phone. We will need to backup data and do a Reset of the phone to fix the corruption.

Let me know if you have questions.

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am still trying I am still trying to get more info from google and Illium.

Hi Louise,

Have you tried the instructions I posted the time before?

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It will b a couple of weeks before I can before I can backup phone data, so can't do the instructures yet.

Not a problem. Go ahead and give me a heads up when you are able to try them.

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Finally after a lot of emails back and forth and what I feel has been a lot of trial and error, I was advised by Ilium's CS rep to be sure that I went into Google Play Store with the same email on my phone that I had successfully used with my tablet to purchase ewallet and download the update for already purchased app. It worked. Relief finally!

Glad to hear!

Is there anything else I can help with?

Please remember to rate me on this page.

Chris