Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

When I tried to start chrome it said not shut down properlyrestored

Customer Question

when I tried to start chrome it said not shut down properly
restored computer to previous known good date
when I try to start chrome now I get a cancel announce
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
What is the exact cancel/announce message and does the Internet Explorer works fine?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $54 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the announce is just cancel and no further action results from the attempt to start chrome. Note I am legally blind and use zoom test software which makes it difficult to see your results among the other clutter
Are you talking to me from the same computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but you seem to be scamming me by these increase offfers
I am not scamming you, the remote service offer is optional and if we are unable to fix the issue by remote, or in the q/a mode, you can request to be refunded in full. I want to know what exactly happens when you start Chrome?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have explained that the initial problem was chrome would not operate but gave an announce that it was not shut dorn correctly. I attempted to restore the computer to an earlier date and the computer would not even attempt to execute chrome just that stubbed audio cancel announce. All other functions that I used seem to be operating ok. alltho thate has only been a couple of attempts
Okay. Please try the following:
Exit Google Chrome completely.
Enter the keyboard shortcut Windows key +E to open Windows Explorer.
In the Windows Explorer window that appears enter the following in the address bar.
Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens and rename it as "Backup default."
Try opening Google Chrome again. A new "Default" folder is automatically created as you start using the browser.
Then test, and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
contact info if I lose you
You can login back to JustAnswer.com or click "View Response" from an e-mail sent by JustAnswer to get back to this page. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No luck entering keep getting a page not available 3 tries
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This has become an extreme stressful way to correct a computer fault. Please refund any fee and notify me of the action. I shall seek another solution.
I can fix it for you remotely without any additional charges. If you still wish to request a refund, please email***@******.*** or reply me here. Thanks