Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

My google apps e-mail account was set up by a hired web designer

Customer Question

my google apps e-mail account was set up by a hired web designer who is no longer in the business and doesn't answer his phone.
how do i get control of my e-mail accounts and become the administrator for***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try an assist you with your issue. The main thing is you have to verify your identity in order to recover the account.
Please go the following link:
https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?hl=en&ard=AHwGkRnekgeou0eBDF3hn93LPyTxWMIymZIA-PHn3e4ShsZk4Zfu1uAPUu4syxysNDihgEE-ngNVLk4u1krxbRtA_hrZ6yfUP6U3kZxMZeMIO4mhoBu_KMnKXeCzFX5kmYEvLk4NwDTe27lex-zC5CIRmrgeIh4r8w
1) Click on "I don't know my password."
2) Type in the email address and hit "Continue"
3) Enter the captcha code and "Continue"
4) Next page where it asks you to enter the last password ***** remember, hit "I don't know."
5) Next page it may display a secondary email address attached to the account. If you do not recognize the secondary email account, below the "Continue" button in small text click on "Verify your identity" which is in blue text.
6) Then it will ask you for an email address they can use to contact you. Type in your email address and "Continue"
7) Then continue with the verification questions.
Option #2
Go to the following link:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213?hl=en
Follow the instructions under "Contact Customer Support."
You will notice the first item is to fill our their online support form. After completing the form they will open a support ticket and you will receive a ticket number which you didn't previously have.
Then you can call them using the numbers they provide in the second step.