Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

When I refreshed my Surface Pro 3 computer this evening.

Customer Question

When I refreshed my Surface Pro 3 computer this evening, I was encouraged to order a product online to update 9 drivers on my computer. That product is "Driver Restore". To activate it, I was instructed to call 1-***-***-****. The person answering the phone did not immediately answer "Driver Restore". I am suspicious that "Driver Restore" may be a scam. Am I correct?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. It is not a scam, but there are many driver programs are there, and usually, they are not good, and you do not need any driver program.
Is your computer working now? Is there still any issue?
Please let me know; I can fix any computer issue you have. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer is working. Nothing else to fix.
Who suggested you to purchase the Driver Restore program? Did you receive any purchase confirmation email message with license / product key for it?
Do you need to reinstall any software and/or any hardware, such as printer, etc.?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,