Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

Yes, I was checking to see if my "significant other" re-joined

Customer Question

Yes, I was checking to see if my "significant other" re-joined Match.com. I was suspect that he may have and wanted to find out. Both of us hid our profiles as of last Dec., (or so I thought) till our subscription was up. The only way I could find this out was to re-join as a subscriber, (I know, I subscribed and now have to pay 86.00.) I was back as a subscriber for about 4 days and yesterday decided to cancel my subscription.
Anyway, after I had checked to see if he was back on by his USERNAME, he did not come up as a member.
My questions are: if he was suspect of me re-joining Match, as of last night, could he, if he re-subscribed, see that I had re-joined Match.com? How long does it take for your profile and photos not to show up if you cancel membership or hide your profile? Can a former member change his USERNAME even if even if his profile hasn't changed?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
1. Yes, if he had re-subscribed, he could see that you had re-joined Match.com
2. When you hide or cancel your profile, it takes immediate effect.
3. Yes, a former member could create a new username and copy the profile information to it.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Have a great weekend!
Pete.