Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

WHY AND HOW DID MY ON-SCREEN BILL SEVERAL months ago have any amount of $1200(plus or minus, which I did not think could possibly be correct, then suddenly
disappear without any reason disappear, then suddenly when I was finally able to talk to
a real-live person yesterday, suddenly reappear and the AT&T person said that the bill had been paid with a credit card (which I do not have and have not had in probably 1 !/2 years because the Bank has re-issued two successive later credit cards because the Bank thought the CC had been compromised). The AT&T person, to whom I was talking yesterday, now has discovered that the CC was actually probably not paid and I should now pay it since he/she now knows who I am and where I am. Do you understand the logic of how a CC, was probably stolen (or compromised -- perhaps by someone working for AT&T), ATT thought they had been paid, but without my intervention, AT&T I thought(or thinks) I should pay it again just in case ?? ? ??. I am confused-- XXX X XXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do not pay anything for now. Are you sure it was an AT&T person?
What were the chargers on the bill for?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,