Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have not been able to get my Dell Read more: http://www.justanswer.

Customer Question

I have not been able to get my Dell desktop computer which runs with Windows 7 to recognize my Drobo D RAID drive. The two worked together well until I noted that the Drobo was almost full. Since I had another backup I chose to reset the Drobo and typed in the word "erase" in the place where this option was found in the Drobo Dashboard. Immediately the Drobo no longer showed on my computer as a drive and I have been unable to have it discovered and connected since. I downloaded and installed Drobo Dahboard 2.6.7. Do you have experience with resolving this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. I'm Bruce, nickname "DrKlahn."
Erasing the RAID set has probably destroyed all data on it. You may need to re-create and re-bind the RAID set, but try this first:
Connect the Drobo box to the host system.
Press the "Windows key" and R simultaneously. A Run box will appear.
In the Run box, enter diskmgmt.msc and press Enter. Wait until the Disk Management snap-in appears.
When the Disk Management snap-in appears, look on the lower half of the window. The hard drives present on the system are shown in the left column, the partitions on those hard drives are shown to the right.
See if the Drobo shows up as an uninitialized drive or unformatted partition.
Let me know what you discover.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Drobo seen
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 1 year ago.
Thank you ... this suggests that the RAID has been unbound and the unit must be reinitialized from scratch.
It is unsettling that the Drobo utility does not see the box even as an unconfigured unit. I think you will need the assistance of an expert who has worked with this specific unit or possibly the customer support at Drobo.
I can send your question to Customer Service for a refund of your deposit, or send it back to the available question list in the hope that one of the other experts may have an insight. Which would you prefer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Send request for refund to customer service please
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 1 year ago.
Will do. They will be getting in touch with you in the next 24 hours to make arrangements.
Thanks for using JustAnswer, and I wish you success with recommissioning your Drobo.