Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

What Skype version do I download XP x64?

Customer Question

What Skype version do I download for Windows XP x64?
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So you know if you have Service Pack 3 for Windows XP installed? (SP3)
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
If so you should be able to download the latest version here: http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I only have SP2, and SP3 is no longer available from Microsoft. From searching the internet, it appears that there is nothing that I can do, and Skype is not available to me. Do you concur?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Directly through skype, yes it is not available to you then. You can download an older version here (6.13.0.104), but you may encounter some compatibility issues connecting with other users with newer versions. http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=14744
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to access the download link?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The files seemed to download OK, but using it was another question. I tried logging in with my older version that is installed on my computer in NC. That worked OK. But when I tried using Skype on the XP X64 computer in CA, the latest download didn't want to work. I can log in on the XP x64 computer with the older account based in NC, but I can't log in with the new account. Any way around this?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no, as there can be issues trying to use older versions sometimes...