Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Cant reverify google voice forwarding number

Customer Question

cant reverify google voice forwarding number
Category: Computer
Expert:  Christopher Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Chris. Can you elaborate on the problem. What steps do you take to duplicate the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a google phone number for our biz with my cell phone # ***** forwarded as well as my partners. We recd an email a few months ago that we had to reverify her #. We did and it worked but now we get another email that her # ***** ***** longer being forwarded. It gives instructions on how to re-verify it but when we click on settings there is no numbers listed to reverify.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, are you there or are you researching my problem?
Sorry for the delay. I had a small problem here. I'm afraid the only thing I can offer is this:
Select Settings from your Google Voice page
Click Add another phone. You can set up to six phones to ring when someone calls your Google number.
Enter a name for the phone, the phone number, and select the phone type.
Click Save.
A "Verify your Phone" pop-up window will appear with a verification code. Click Connect, and Google Voice will call the phone you're verifying.
When prompted, enter the verification code to complete the process.
. If I am not able to give you the results you were looking for, no need to rate Bad Service. I'll opt out and put the question out to other experts and there will be no charge for my response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We went to settings but there is no option to add a phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please opt out and do not charge me. thanks
No problem
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.
This page has the instructions for adding and verifying the phone
maybe you missed the step where you hit the little gear icon on the top right then click settings
that is where the add phone shows up
https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165221?hl=en&rd=1
i believe there is a limit of 6 phones so if you are over that you might have to delete one. or it might still be there. click phones under settings ( after the gear) and you can see if it is there and if it needs verifying there should be a button for that.
if that isnt working for you i can offer to give you my phone number and log into your computer remotely to see whats going on and fix it for you but there is an additional charge for that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, tried all that. Thanks anyway. Can you please opt out and not charge me please?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
you understand that we are not google
those are the intstructions that google gives.
I dont know you but given the choice that google gave the wrong instructions to a million customers or there is something going wrong on your end i have to take a guess on the second.
I am more than happy to help you any way i can but i need your cooperation.
have you tried more than one browser or computer to do the changes ?
if you accept my offer i can do it on your computer or even my own computer but i find it very hard to believe that there is no add phone selection in the place that they say it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have an additional $20. Thank you for trying but I no longer want to pursue my problem with you. Please opt out and not charge me as the previous rep agreed
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
i am not allowed to do it for free which i would to make you happy a i am sorry about any issues the other rep had with you but i can put it in at $5 which is as low as the site software will allow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want out. How much are you going to charge me?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
i am not charging you anything if you dont want my help
email***@******.*** if you want a refund
it is a $5 additional charge if you want to take my offer so i can help you because i want you to be happy with our service. If you dont want it please email support and get a refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had no issues with the prior rep He just said I could opt out for no charge and I wouldn't give a bad review. I thought I could do that. How much are you charging me for the conversations I've had? I just want out. I am not unhappy with your service I just don't want to pay more $ that I don't have.
Ok, just saw how to get a refund. Thanks
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome