Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Aol has told me that another computer has the same IP number

Customer Question

Aol has told me that another computer has the same IP number as mine. What do I need to do to get this fixed. I am concerned about security issues, especially with on line banking.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
This will be your internet router, its not a security threat in any way.
Shut down the computer and remove the power to your wifi router and wait 5 minutes. This will clear the memory
Then power on the wifi router and wait 5 minutes, then start the computer and it should then be ok.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you