Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My SD card will no longer read on my computer.

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Is it just this one SD card or all SD cards wont be read on the computer?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have only tried one
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the card may be faulty which is the most common cause and means the card would need replacement.
But I want to confirm this and that its not the computer.
Put either another SD card in the computer and tell me if it sees it, or the SD card in another computer and tell me if the other computer sees the SD card as then we will know.
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer looks like it sees the card, and it recognizes that I have plugged it in to the computer (it does the bing bong) but then it tells me to insert a disk into Removable disk F:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this is indeed a faulty SD card, is there a way I can get the information that was stored on this card removed and put on to something else. What would you suggest?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, if it cant be read there is nothing you can do with the SD card. There are not made to be dissasembled or repaired in anyway and if they can't be read, the data is already lost. They are not like hard drives.
I am really sorry but you will have to replace the SD card, and the data on it is already lost.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more question, I do not think I will need these services every month hereafter. How would I go about cancelling the service?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you did not sign up for the monthly service then there is nothing you need to do as its just a once off payment.
If you did sign up for the monthly service, then email***@******.*** and they can then cancel the subscription for you.
If you need anything else, please let me know, and please remember to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces.
Thank you